Informed Consent For In Office/Telehealth Due to Covid 19/Sick Policies.
Your health and safety and the health and safety of our staff is our top priority. Therefore, we will continue to monitor and adjust safety precautions accordingly to the most recent CDC guidelines. These guidelines are imperative to the safety of both our medical professionals and other patients.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING, PLEASE CALL US AT 407-738-9408 TO RESCHEDULE MORE THAN 24 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR SESSION. Please check for symptoms more than 24 hours in advance of your session to allow your Therapist the opportunity of 24 hours to offer that time reservation to another patient in need of care.
- You have fever, sore throat or difficulty breathing
- You have had contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19
- You live in a community with confirmed ongoing transmission of COVID-19
- You have travelled within the last 14 days to any location either domestically or internationally with confirmed ongoing transmission of COVID-19
Should notice of COVID exposure or symptoms occur with less than 24 hours notice, your appointment can be held via telehealth in order to avoid late cancellation fee.
Special exceptions will be determined on a case by case basis.
Coming To Our Offices
For those patients who do come to our offices, we want to share the steps that we are taking to protect the safety of our patients and staff:
- You are recommended to wear a mask, before, during and after your visit to the Tranquil Waters Counseling Office if you have any known risk of COVID exposure or are experiencing any symptoms of illness.
- We are carefully monitoring the recommendations and best practices given by the CDC and our local authorities.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices.
- For your protection, staff involved with direct patient care will be wearing masks if they have experienced a suspected exposure to COVID-19 and/or move sessions to telehealth if they are experiencing any other symptoms of illness.
- We are reinforcing employee best practices, reminding staff of heightened hygiene practices and to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- We may monitor our waiting room to reduce the amount of patients sitting together in the reception area.
- Should conditions require, Tranquil Waters Counseling maintains the right to require masks be worn on premises. Should a patient refuse to follow directives of staff regarding mask mandates, services may be declined and patient will be charged for the session in the form of a late cancel fee of $75.
- Tranquil Waters is not liable for any possible spread of Covid 19 as a result of still conducting in office settings as safety precautions are in place.
These are challenging times, but we must prioritize our patients, staff and providers safety. We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation with our protocols and procedures that may feel unusual, but they are for the protection of all of us.