Online counseling or telemental health is traditional therapy using a secure HIPAA compliant video platform. Much like using Skype or Facetime to talk to a loved one who lives far away online counseling’s number one benefit is convenience.
Here are some examples of other benefits:
- You can be in the comfort of your own home or private space. Want to wear your pajamas or cuddle up in a blanket? Go right ahead!
- No need to travel to an office far from your home or work. Some people complete sessions on their lunch break at work without needing to take a long lunch to include travel.
- Access to a specialist in an area that doesn’t have any without having a long commute to get there.
- Access to counseling if you live in a rural or remote area.
- No emotional drive after an intense session, you can take an immediate break when we sign off.
All you need is a phone, tablet or computer with a reliable internet connection and a private space.